Terms and conditions
- About our Terms
This website is provided and operated by The British Red Cross Society, incorporated by Royal Charter 1908; registered as a charity in England and Wales (220949), Scotland (SC037738) and the Isle of Man (0752) whose national headquarters is at 44 Moorfields, London, EC2Y 9AL; and Britcross Ltd, registered as a company in England and Wales (00932598) (collectively ‘British Red Cross’) having its registered address at 44 Moorfields, London, EC2Y 9AL. VAT number is 706 9262 27.
These terms and conditions (the ‘Terms’) explain how you may use this website https://www.trafficking-response.org/, the ‘Site’) which is provided to you free of charge.
You should read these Terms carefully before using the Site.
By accessing or using the Site or otherwise indicating your consent, you agree to be bound by these Terms and the documents referred to in them.
If you do not agree with or accept any of these Terms, you should stop using the Site immediately.
If you have any questions about the Site, please contact us at email@example.com
We reserve the right to change these Terms at any time.
2. Using the Site
The Site is for your personal and non-commercial use only.
You agree that you are solely responsible for all costs and expenses you may incur in relation to your use of the Site.
If you access the Site from locations outside the UK, you are responsible for compliance with local laws where they are applicable.
We may prevent or suspend your access to the Site if you do not comply with any part of these Terms, the documents referred to in them or any applicable law.
3. Ownership, use and intellectual property rights
This Site and all intellectual property rights in it, including but not limited to any text, images, video, audio or other multimedia content, or other information or material on the Site (‘Content’), are owned by us, our licensors or both (as applicable). Intellectual property rights means rights such as copyright, trademarks, domain names, design rights, patents and other intellectual property rights of any kind whether or not they are registered or unregistered (anywhere in the world).
We and our licensors reserve all of our and their rights in any intellectual property in connection with these Terms. This means, for example, that we and they remain owners of them and free to use them as we and they see fit.
The following intellectual property rights restrictions apply to your use of this Site:
• Commercial use or publication of any or all of the Content is strictly prohibited without prior authorisation from us. Nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring any licence to use any item displayed, other than as necessary to enable you to access the Site.
• The Red Cross and Red Crescent emblems are protected trademarks under international and national laws. Use of these trademarks is strictly prohibited without prior authorisation from us or the relevant trade mark owner.
• You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) of our Site for your personal private use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to Content posted. However, you must not modify the paper or digital copies of any Content you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
4. Content generated by others
Some of the Content has been generated by third party Licensors. This Content has not been verified or approved by us (‘Licensee’). The views expressed by Licensors on our Site do not represent our views or values. We will acknowledge the authors of the Content where possible.
Licensors who send contributions and materials (‘Contribution’) for the purpose of posting on the Site grant to us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free and worldwide license to host, use, distribute, edit, modify, reproduce, display, transmit, translate and create derivative works using the Content.
5. Content standards
Each Contribution must:
• Be accurate (where it states facts).
• Be genuinely held (where it states opinions).
• Comply with the law applicable in England and Wales and in any country from which it is posted.
Each Contribution must not:
• Be defamatory of any person.
• Be obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
• Promote sexually explicit material.
• Promote violence.
• Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
• Infringe any intellectual property rights including but not limited to copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
• Be likely to deceive any person.
• Breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
• Promote any illegal activity.
• Be in contempt of court.
• Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
• Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
• Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
• Advocate, promote, incite any party to commit, or assist any unlawful or criminal act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
• Contain a statement which you know or believe, or have reasonable grounds for believing, that members of the public to whom the statement is, or is to be, published are likely to understand as a direct or indirect encouragement or other inducement to the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism.
We reserve the right to withhold or remove from the Site any Content that does not meet these standards.
6. Rules about linking to our Site
You may link to our Site, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to our Site on any website that is not owned by you.
Our Site must not be framed on any other Site.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
7. Site services
We reserve the right to vary any event registration fees and the prices of any goods or services listed without notice. All event registrations and orders for goods and services are subject to availability. We reserve the right to refuse to accept any registration and to refuse to supply any goods or services to any individual.
8. Accuracy of information and availability of the Site
While we try to make sure that the Site is available, accurate, up-to-date and free from bugs, we do not warrant that provision of the Site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this Site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs.
The Site is provided “as is”. We do not promise that the Site will be fit or suitable for any purpose. The Site and the Content are provided for your general information purposes only and to inform you about us and our activities, news, services and other websites that may be of interest. The Content does not constitute technical, financial or legal advice or any other type of advice and neither the Site nor the Content should be relied upon for any purposes.
We may suspend or terminate operation of the Site at any time as we see fit.
We recommend that you take appropriate safeguards to protect against viruses before downloading any Content.
9. Hyperlinks and references to other websites
The Site may contain links or references to websites operated by other organisations. Any such links or references are provided for your convenience only. We do not control such websites, and are not responsible for their contents. Our inclusion of links or references to such websites does not imply any endorsement of the material on such websites or any association with their operators. You are responsible for evaluating the accuracy and completeness of any information contained on third party websites, and also the value and integrity of any goods and services offered.
Your use of a third party website may be governed by the terms and conditions of that third party site.
10. Security of the Site
Although the Site uses encryption security software in areas where online payment details are accepted, the security of information and payments transmitted via the internet cannot be guaranteed.
11. Limitation on our liability
Except for any legal responsibility that we cannot exclude at law (such as death or personal injury), we are not legally responsible for any direct or indirect losses, liabilities, claims or damages (foreseeable or otherwise).
We exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to our Site and any content on it.
To the extent permissible under applicable law, we are not legally responsible for any losses or damage incurred or sustained by viruses transmitted via the Site and the Content, or incurred or sustained when transmitting information by email or otherwise over the internet.
Each Licensor of a Contribution shall indemnify the Red Cross against all liabilities, costs, expenses, damages, losses and claims suffered or incurred by the Red Cross arising out of or in connection with any claim made against the Red Cross for actual or alleged infringement of a third party rights including intellectual property rights arising out of or in connection with the supplied Contributions.
13. Events beyond our control
We shall have no liability to you for any breach of these Terms, or loss or damage which may be suffered by you or any third party due to any event or circumstance beyond our reasonable control including, but not limited to, strikes, lock-outs or other industrial disputes, breakdown of systems or network access, flood, fire, explosion or accident.
14. Rights of third parties
No one other than a party to these Terms has any right to enforce any of these Terms.
No changes to these Terms are valid or have any effect unless agreed by us in writing. We reserve the right to vary these Terms from time to time. Our updated terms will be displayed on the Site and by continuing to use and access the Site following such changes, you agree to be bound by any variation made by us. It is your responsibility to check these Terms from time to time to verify such variations.
We will try to resolve any disputes with you quickly and efficiently.
If you are unhappy with us please contact us as soon as possible.
If you and we cannot resolve a dispute using our complaint handling procedure, we will:
• let you know that we cannot settle the dispute with you; and
• give you certain information about our alternative dispute resolution provider.
These Terms, their subject matter and their formation, are governed by English law.
You and we both agree that the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction.
If you wish to complain about the Content or have any queries regarding these Terms, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org